Monday 23 March 2015

Slow Cooker Pulled Gammon

Why do pulled pork when pulled gammon is so much tastier!


I had a few Sunday as the other half was away and I fancied treating myself to something in the slow cooker. I had planned the a Persian lamb but the supermarket options were limited so I thought why not try a gammon joint in a honey, mustard and bbq sauce.

Ingredients:
1 gammon joint (mine was 1.16kg)
3 tsp whole grain mustard
4 tablespoons honey
2 1/2 tablespoon american mustard
4 tablespoon bbq sauce
Salt and pepper
50ml boiled water

Method:
1. Place the joint in a bowl and mix all ingredients (apart from the water)

2. Leave to marinade for 1 hour

3. Place into the slow cooker on high, and add the boiled water.

4. After 2 hours change to low for another 4 hours.


5.  Place on a chopping board and pull the gammon with two forks. 

The sauce ended up being too thin to just mix in completely. I added a few spoons but not the whole lot. Ate it with with some roasted sweet potato and a.great Seven Brothers beer - happy Sunday! 







No comments:

Post a Comment