What better way to get over an awful hangover than rustling up a feast of chorizo and eggs! Not sure how I managed to avoid just having a bacon sandwich but it was very much worth it. Well I do know, I was banished from the kitchen, and gratefully stayed on the couch!! No need to go out and get some brunch.
3 or 4 eggs
1/2 cucumber sliced
Handful chopped frozen garlic
Handful chopped frozen shallots
Punnet of cherry tomatoes
6 inches of chorizo diced
2 Romano peppers
Sprinkling piri piri rub
Handful of frozen basil
3/4 small pittas
Sprinkling of chilli flakes
Salt and pepper
1. Heat a frying pan on high and add the garlic and shallots until soft
2. Add the tomatoes until they start to break down
3. Add the chorizo, peppers, piri piri rub, basil, salt and pepper.
4. Whilst this is bubbling away in another pan add a tsp of oil and fry the eggs.
5. Toast the pittas, and place on a plate. Add the chorizo, pepper and tomato mix. Place the eggs on top and the sliced cucumbers on the side.
Try it next weekend!