Tuesday 14 October 2014

Sweet Potato with Pistachio and Pomegranate Guacamole

After a couple of weeks of the new site here goes for the first actual recipe on here.

I winded up with lots of leftover pistachios and pomegranate after a Turkish inspired lamb burger salad recipe (no photos unfortunately!). After looking for some inspiration the majority of recipes I found were either American and therefore obsessed with cilantro/chipotle and generally pretty rubbish. However it did give me the idea of using sweet potato for the meal.

Ingredients:
2 sweet potatoes
1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon Cholula chilli hot sauce
Sprinkle of smoked paprika

1 avocado
2 tablespoons chopped pistachios
2 tablespoon pomegranate
Half a lime



Method:
1. I started by simply roasting the sweet potato in the oven, 200c for an hour.

2. Then I sliced open the sweet potato and took out all the inside leaving just the skins. I then mixed with the honey, smoked paprika and the hot sauce. I then placed all of this back into the skins



3. I then broke up the avocado as fine as possible with a fork, then added the juice of half a lime the chopped pistachios and pomegranate and mixed well.



4. Then add this onto the top of the sweet potato. Voila!




Sorry for the messy pic I was so hungry by this point I was desperate to devour it



No comments:

Post a Comment